Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With 3 new transfers, feeling any better about next season?
Curran Scott - 6'4", 8.9 points, 2.5 rebounds for Tulsa last season, 39.4% from 3. Graduate transfer.

Nick Honor - 5"10", 15.4 points, 3.0 assists for Fordham. Sophomore, will have to redshirt.

Paul Grinde - 6'10", 14.1 points, 6.9 rebounds at Vassar (D-III). 54.7% from the field, 48.5% from 3 on 33 attempts. Also led the team in assists (46), turnovers (67), blocks (18), and fouls (72) in 25 games. Graduate.
Grinde is supposedly a preferred walk-on. Seeing as he's making the jump from Division III to the ACC, that seems wise.
Apparently, the plan is to attempt to get a waiver for Honor and potentially Khavon Moore, a transfer from Texas Tech, to play immediately (assuming Moore commits). I have felt all along that Clemson's single biggest need is a PG so a lot hinges on whether or not Honor is allowed to play next year.

I must admit that I don't understand our plan. Scott looks to be a 2/3 where we will already have Trapp/Newman/Tyson/potentially Baehre along with two freshmen. It looks as though the thought is that we are going to go a lot more perimeter-oriented so that all these guys will be spread among the 2-4 spots. Rebounding and interior defense will likely suffer- do we have the shooters to make that worthwhile?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ccolon's post:
  • tony33
I read something about Honor having a sick mom I believe. The guy's from Orlando, and while Clemson may be closer than Fordham, saying you transferred to be close to your mom is a real stretch.

The roster is so weird. I just can't see how the puzzle pieces create a whole picture.
Texas Tech transfer Khavon Moore is headed to Clemson. Former Top 50 recruit per Jeff Goodman.
I know how he was rated in high school, but that's in the past. Anyone heard any practice reports on him from TTU? If he played one game he must have at least practiced a bit. How's his injury?