Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm done
After that catastrophe, basketball season is over. No point subjecting myself to more losses. Bad shots, bad fouls, bad coaching. It just doesn't end. They at least showed effort today, and even played well for about 5 minutes, but of course it wasn't enough. You don't foul with over 9 seconds on the clock! You have to wait until they can't comfortably bring the ball down the court again, that's whole principle of fouling with the lead. Anyway, I'm sick of this team and while I'll always root for them, I'm not going to be wasting my time tuning in.
I couldn't be more shocked that Reed missed 4 straight free throws. Mitchell and Reed just haven't played well this year.
(01-26-2019, 04:11 PM)Nevermore Wrote: After that catastrophe, basketball season is over. No point subjecting myself to more losses. Bad shots, bad fouls, bad coaching. It just doesn't end. They at least showed effort today, and even played well for about 5 minutes, but of course it wasn't enough. You don't foul with over 9 seconds on the clock! You have to wait until they can't comfortably bring the ball down the court again, that's whole principle of fouling with the lead. Anyway, I'm sick of this team and while I'll always root for them, I'm not going to be wasting my time tuning in.

The sad thing is that you could have just copied and pasted this comment after either of the last two (2) games, and it would have been hard to argue the sentiment.

It's hard to watch a team starting four (4) fifth-year seniors make the errors that have been made during crunch time.  But that's been the rub with Brownell's tenure - the portions of the program that should be building blocks for the future (whether it is for one season or three) seemingly can't be trusted.

This group can still eek out an NCAA bid, automatically putting it on the short list for a Top-11 season in program history.  But seeing as this season started with a preseason ranking, hoping to pull an upset or two (2) down the stretch just to put us in the field... wasn't the plan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Huckittome's post:
  • tony33
I don't know why there's any disappointment here. This is just another mediocre Clemson basketball season. We should be use to it by now.
Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence. - Ricky Bobby

If we're on the bubble with this resume then this must be the worst bubble of all time.
(03-11-2019, 02:56 PM)Nevermore Wrote: If we're on the bubble with this resume then this must be the worst bubble of all time.

It is on the short list. Though there is a lot of speculation / extrapolation being done with the monthly updates - with how the Quadrant wins are going to be viewed and how the efficiency based metrics (which view Clemson rather positively) will be weighted against those that put a larger emphasis on results.

It will be interesting to see if the sentimentality cries for the likes of Belmont & Lipscomb are heard after the coming week - a lot of nashing of teeth occurred after those two (2) games in particular.  I also wonder how Furman / UNC Greensboro will be adjudicated - given Furman's season-long love story based on two (2) wins, which in retrospect, aren't all that solid.

I'm still of the position that if the guys beat NC State, they will be in Dayton - lose, and you are probably out.  Win 2, and they will be safely in the field.