Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who starts at small forward?
Obviously, Mitchell, Reed, Simms, and Thomas will all be starting. Who takes that last spot? Do we go big with Skara or smaller with Oliver? Or maybe Trapp muscles his way in?
(10-10-2018, 03:00 PM)Nevermore Wrote: Obviously, Mitchell, Reed, Simms, and Thomas will all be starting. Who takes that last spot? Do we go big with Skara or smaller with Oliver? Or maybe Trapp muscles his way in?

I think, perhaps more than most years, this will be driven by the opponent.  We know that Brownell prefers his veterans so I won't be surprised if Skara is nominally a 'starter' but I have a bit of a hard time seeing a lineup of Mitchell, Reed, Skara, Simms and Thomas for long stretches.  I was told over the summer that Newman could very well take that spot.  They continue to rave about his defense.  Oliver is another possibility, depending on how much of a jump he has made- was told the coaches think he might be another year away from being a really solid player.

At any rate, between the guys already mentioned along with White and Trapp, it looks like we can go 9-deep with players who could give us 10+ minutes without any of them being a major weak spot.  Will be interesting to see if that apparent depth actually plays out.