Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How good will Duke be this year?
I saw a feature showing that Zion Williamson out-jumped the vertical leap measurement device. They had to set it on weights to raise it up higher. Duke brings in the #1, #2, and #3 recruits from high school. Will they dominate with their talent, or will their youth hold them back?
(08-15-2018, 10:59 PM)Nevermore Wrote: I saw a feature showing that Zion Williamson out-jumped the vertical leap measurement device. They had to set it on weights to raise it up higher. Duke brings in the #1, #2, and #3 recruits from high school. Will they dominate with their talent, or will their youth hold them back?

With Coach K at the helm, they'll continue to be successful.  It's not popular, generally speaking, but I like the man.  It sucks not getting Zion, but he's made a solid decision and is in a far better place at Duke than with ol' Roy.
Uncle Salty     "...while beggars can't be choosers, choosers rarely have to be beggars."
It would be hard to imagine this class being that much better than what they had last year.   I 'd guess they'll struggle at times and be about like last year but still not winning the ACC title.  There is something about all that freshman talent that takes some time to fit together.  Bagley and Carter and Trent all look like they'll be good NBA players.   Point guard play will probably determine how many times they lose.    
I think they will be better. The new guys are a little better, especially Zion. In addition I think not having Grayson Allen will help.
I agree with Salty, to me, Kryzewski is easily one of the best coaches of all time. I think he'll put that talent to good use.
Well, we have our answer, and it's "pretty ridiculous."
While what I watched was obviously just one game, it was astounding how athletically dominant they were. Every player could bring it up the court with skill, power and purpose. They looked selfless, talented and more potent than any team I've seen in a long time. I realize it's a hot take, but let's just say I was impressed.
Yeah Zion was a beast, and made everyone else around him better as well. On a brighter side I didn't think UNC looked that great.
I'm gonna be honest, every time I hear Zion's name it stings a little.
I'm not in favor of 'one and done', which Zion is. It's not a commitment...it's 'borrowing talent on time'.
Uncle Salty     "...while beggars can't be choosers, choosers rarely have to be beggars."
(11-12-2018, 10:47 AM)Salty Wrote: I'm not in favor of 'one and done', which Zion is.  It's not a commitment...it's 'borrowing talent on time'.

Does not lessen the sting.