Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey McGowens commits to Pitt
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Pitt/2018/04/24/pitt-panthers-basketball-recruiting-jeff-capel-trey-mcgowens-commit/stories/201804240089

Adding salt to the wound, he'll reclassify to 2018.
This may be the case of Clemson pulling back a little bit on McGowens near the end.
(04-24-2018, 06:39 PM)ccolon Wrote: This may be the case of Clemson pulling back a little bit on McGowens near the end.

I hear people say stuff like that all the time...but I don't buy it. We got out recruited on this one. It is not the first time Jeff Capel out recruited us on a prospect, either.
Well, you are wrong Hugh. Another premium message board has stated that before he committed.
I might be wrong, it wouldn't be the first or last time. I don't mean my post as a slight on our coaching staff or anything like that. I just think that sometimes in recruiting another staff is more in tune with what a prospect is looking for in the process. It happens in ALL sports. Last year I can think of several prospects in football that we'd love to have. I don't follow baseball as closely, but I remember a couple guys we hoped to sign there that we missed, too.

A lot of times - and this isn't limited to the Clemson fan base - when the coaches start seeing the signs that a player is leaning the other way, all of a sudden the fans start hearing that the coaches "cooled" on a guy. I think sometimes that is just simply because you are being out-recruited for that prospect by another coach. It happens. That's all I meant by my post.