Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Basketball Commit
We received a commitment from Jonathan Baehre today. He is a 6'9", 205 forward that is transferring in from UNC Asheville. He will have to sit a year, and will have two remaining.

Here is some old high school film of him.

https://youtu.be/PAZ-I6keX7w
Don't know him but happy to have him on the team. I'll check out that last game of his at UNC-A:

This really wasn't the type of player I envisioned us going after at this juncture. He will be a junior at the same time as Simms is a junior, playing the same spot. If they can get some meat on him, this young man can probably play kind of a stretch-5 position, similar to what Donnal did this season- but is he anything more than a good, solid role player (not that those aren't important)? Will this guy make an impact similar to Holmes,Mitchell, Reed, etc or more like Donnal/Skara?
I don't think he has the defensive chops that Skara has, but I can definitely see him in a Donnal type role. I can't see him panning out into a starter barring a gap in our recruiting mandating it, but he definitely has upper end role player potential.
Oral Roberts grad transfer Javan White announced he is coming to Clemson.  He has 2 years to play.  He picked Clemson over LSU, Nevada and UMass.  He graduates this week and will be immediately eligible with two seasons left after visiting a week ago.  He averaged 10.2 points and 9.0 rebounds per game as a redshirt sophomore shooting 51.4 percent from the floor and 55.3 from the foul line.  White got 3.5 offensive rebounds per game which ranked in the top 10 nationally.