Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NCAA Tourney Thread
(03-18-2018, 06:53 AM)HughRichardCranium Wrote: I still haven't wrapped my head aroun UVA's blowout loss to UMBC. Loss is bad...but they got destroyed.

This game is why I don't typically trust "defensive-minded" teams in the tournament.  At some point a team is gonna get hot, and you're gonna have to score to stay in the game and have a chance to win.  UVA has proven year after year that if a team gets hot on them, they're screwed.  It just happened a lot earlier than usual this year.
Cuse now has 3 wins. Pretty damn impressive.
UMBC keeping it close. No 16 seed had ever won a game before, can one team do it twice? C'mon Retrievers!
Clemson will play Kansas on Friday, March 23 in the Sweet 16 in Omaha.

As for NCAA Tournament videos, due to technical difficulties, I lost my recording of the New Mexico State game (power failure), but I do have tonight's Auburn game. If anyone knows of a place to find the full first round game online (or any other source), I'd greatly appreciate a PM with that location so that I can get it edited.

With that being said, I'll be holding off on posting the games to YouTube until the summer. CBS is heavily monitoring YouTube activity with the tournament still in action. Once May/June arrives, I've noticed the policing goes way down. I do not want to risk strikes on my channel, as I've already had three videos taken down for various reasons in the past.
Who you guys got tonight?
Am I the only person that wonders about 'Cuse? These guys have a losing record in the ACC and could potentially make the Elite 8.
I've got Loyola and Kentucky in the South. I've got Gonzaga and Michigan in the West.
(03-22-2018, 11:35 AM)TouchTheRock Wrote: I've got Loyola and Kentucky in the South. I've got Gonzaga and Michigan in the West.

Texas A&M looks impressive though
Nevermind
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeofdatigr's post:
  • TouchTheRock
Either Loyola-Chicago or Kansas State is going to the Final Four.
(03-23-2018, 08:28 AM)Marty Coleman Wrote: Either Loyola-Chicago or Kansas State is going to the Final Four.

Is that your 'Captain Obvious' imitation?   popcorn
Uncle Salty     "...while beggars can't be choosers, choosers rarely have to be beggars."
Either that or it the first 9 vs. 11 seed game in the history of the tournament and it just happens to be for a spot in the Final Four.
I cannot believe this tournament. I mean, I know there weren't really any dominant teams at the top...but this seems more than parity.
So... did anyone watch the title game? I forgot it was on but honestly I had very little interest in seeing it.
(04-03-2018, 12:59 AM)Nevermore Wrote: So... did anyone watch the title game? I forgot it was on but honestly I had very little interest in seeing it.

I didn't watch even a second.  I did see the end of the women's game.  
Uncle Salty     "...while beggars can't be choosers, choosers rarely have to be beggars."
Not even a second.
Villanova did not play their best game, and still won by 17. They were by far the best team I saw play this year. They def. have a Golden State type style.