Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville has to give up 2013 title...
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22513517/ncaa-denies-louisville-appeal-rules-cardinals-vacate-2013-national-title
So...I was never really there? It was all a dream? Or does Michigan get it now?
Uncle Salty     "...while beggars can't be choosers, choosers rarely have to be beggars."
Vacating wins/titles is such bull. First of all, the game happened and you can't literally erase that from people's minds. Second of all, the game doesn't/can't automatically go to the other team - so now there is just no champ? Third, what happens to the revenues and such generated by the game. Does Louisville give that back? Nope. They got all the benefits, and now, 5 years later we are just happenstance erasing it?

Just fix the problem and enforce your own rules. That's the real way to handle all this. Stop turning a blind eye and acting like this doesn't happen.
I'm hearing the internet has declared UCF the national champion that year. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Marty Coleman's post:
  • Salty
Yeah it makes no difference whatsoever. Not even a wrist slap.
(02-20-2018, 02:06 PM)Marty Coleman Wrote: I'm hearing the internet has declared UCF the national champion that year. Smile

I say we get it.  Runner-up in the NIT = almost NCAA champ and now that the champ vacated... Runner-up in the NIT = Champ.