Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade 2018 Prospects
Marty --- The 2018 Prospect list has not been upgraded in quite some time. Could you have your secretary do an upgrade for us readers and add a few fake crystal balls to those prospects we hope to see under our Christmas tree on Christmas morn. It would sure boost this old (fill in the blank) morale. 2thumbsup Big Grin
(12-12-2017, 01:33 PM)Joe21 Wrote: Marty --- The 2018 Prospect list has not been upgraded in quite some time. Could you have your secretary do an upgrade for us readers and add a few fake crystal balls to those prospects we hope to see under our Christmas tree on Christmas morn. It would sure boost this old (fill in the blank) morale.  2thumbsup   Big Grin

Any volunteers?  Big Grin Chris is off going to school...I think he's in Arizona doing "clinicals"....honestly I don't follow recruiting that closely...more importantly, my 11 year old is into organized sports and more of my time is spent outside with him...

I am considering changing the front page to include news from various Clemson sites...I just don't have the time I used to....
From what I can gleam from reading other sites (no inside info - so all that everyone can read for free and gleam), we should get Henry, are at worst at 50/50 to get Ross and Mays, but after that, we are on the outside looking in for everyone else, with maybe the exception of the safety (Boogie...Ridley??) who pretty much has everyone equal out of 4 or 5 schools.

I know that you were looking for those who recently committed, but I thought I'd summarize all the free stuff for clarity.
Expounded on Maddog's post - Clemson is still in good shape for both KJ and Ross (moreso Henry as getting Ross out of Alabama is going to be an interesting fight) and Mays is definitely in play. Bookie is at IMG and has XT and Mike Jones in his ear all the time, but Taggart and FSU have come on strong and being from CA, USC and UCLA have a lot of appeal (especially now with Kelly).

Other prospects to keep an eye on:

Lyn-J Dixon - has been high on Clemson and vice versa. I'd feel pretty confident about him right now.
Jackson Carman - definitely seems to be aOSU lean, but he seems to like to play the game and definitely still has a chance here.
Patrick Surtain, Anthony Cook, Tyson Campbell - All 3 of these CBs are pretty much longshots at this point. I'd expect to see some more names pop up after the early signing period and especially after the bowl games.
Leon O'Neal - Clemson's in his top 4, but don't really see us making a play unless we get him on campus. If he does come, things could get interesting.
Well, 247 did it. Bumped Belk and Kendrick up to a 5*****. We now have five of our 15 December signees (Lawrence, Thomas, Henry, Belk, & Kendrick) ranked as 5*****, tying us with Georgia. They have Carman as a 4****. I haven't seen the new team rankings yet.
Have we ever had this many 5* in a class of only 15 signees?

Unbelievable job by our coaching staff
https://n.rivals.com/news/three-point-stance-trevor-lawrence-five-star-bust-factor

[Image: rmkpvjzx1fuoizt0qgvf]

Mike Farrell:

Prior to this evaluation cycle, the most impressive quarterback I had ever scouted in my nearly 20 years of experience was

Josh Rosen
. He is now the second-most impressive. Even during a sub-par Army Bowl, Lawrence showed the mobility, pocket sense, arm strength and ability to zip the ball into small widows on the run that makes him my new No. 1 ever.

The safest five-star prospect, the one that simply will not be a bust, is not Trevor Lawrence. For all the gushing I have done over his skill level and high school performance, the quarterback position comes with a high bust factor.

The safest 2018 five-star, who just won't bust, has to be Clemson defensive end signee
Xavier Thomas
because of his work ethic, power and internal drive for greatness. If he doesn't work out at defensive end, the Tigers can move him inside and he can kill it at tackle.