Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trevor Booker traded...

Wrong board?
Wrong world.
Glad he's finally made his way to a good team. Not sure what his long term future in Philly is as they have a lot of young guys in their front court rotation that they want to build around.
I'm happy to see that Booker got 20 minutes in his debut with the 76ers and scored 12 points with 8 rebounds.
Trevor's gotten at least 20 minutes in all 3 games so far for the 76ers, and scored in double digits each time.
He's having a very solid season.
Uncle Salty     "...while beggars can't be choosers, choosers rarely have to be beggars."
As much as we loved him as a fan base, I feel like we never realized just how good he really was.
I think we knew how good he was. Coach Purnell certainly did. I would say we relied far too heavily on him and didn't use him the way a power forward should be used. The entire offense his senior year was basically to throw the ball to Trevor and see what he can do with it. It really didn't do him any favors, because most of the time he would have to take a fade away jumper or awkward hook shot to beat the buzzer.
That's sorta what I meant. We loved him, and let him carry the team - but we never let him open up and be what he should've been.
(12-14-2017, 03:08 PM)HughRichardCranium Wrote: but we never let him open up and be what he should've been.

How so?
(12-14-2017, 08:46 PM)Cletiger10 Wrote:
(12-14-2017, 03:08 PM)HughRichardCranium Wrote: but we never let him open up and be what he should've been.

How so?

I won't speak for them, but I agree that Booker was underutilized.  In my opinion, it was largely a result of the fact that Purnell was about as uncreative as they come with regards to half court offense.
The Philly-OKC game the other night went 3 OT's...and Booker played 13 minutes...and he was one of the utilized subs, minutes-wise. The coach needs to think about why they lost the game, aside from it being OKC and the Westbrook-George-Melo Amigos.
Uncle Salty     "...while beggars can't be choosers, choosers rarely have to be beggars."
Booker injured his ankle in that Thunder game and didn't come back, so that's why he didn't get many minutes. Before that, he's been averaging just over 20 per game. In a crowded front court rotation with a bunch of younger guys the Sixers are trying to develop, that's pretty good.
(12-17-2017, 03:48 PM)Hitsomebody2004 Wrote: Booker injured his ankle in that Thunder game and didn't come back, so that's why he didn't get many minutes.  Before that, he's been averaging just over 20 per game.  In a crowded front court rotation with a bunch of younger guys the Sixers are trying to develop, that's pretty good.

Okay...I didn't see any mention of an injury, so was puzzled why he wasn't used to at least his average minutes.  Triple OT and fewer minutes, almost by hafl, didn't compute.