Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Hoops Recruits
(09-17-2018, 03:16 PM)HughRichardCranium Wrote: Did I hear correctly that Josiah James selected Clemson?  I know he was supposed to make the announcement Wednesday, but I could've sworn I heard on the radio this A.M. as I was turning the car off, that they were congratulating Brad Brownell on the pick-up.

Unofficially, of course, it appears that Clemson basketball fans may congratulate Brownell with confidence.  
An interesting note here about Dabo's involvement in James' recruitment:
http://forums.theclemsoninsider.com/showthread.php?t=102575
Well, as always, I hope for the best. This could be a big turning point for Brownell's staff in terms of the fan perception of their recruiting.
You have got to be kidding me.
One more lost opportunity.
Quote:CLEMSON
STING FACTOR: 10

It is deja vu all over again at Clemson. Less than a year since it entered the commitment day for Zion Williamson as the leader for the state’s prodigal son, the Tigers came up short in a surprising fashion on Wednesday, missing out on again on the state’s top prospect, James.

Clemson is forced to regroup quickly. Brad Brownell has relied on talented transfers and some of the best that South Carolina has had to provide. However, James would have come in a different mold, an elite prospect that would choose Clemson the first time around instead and immediately impacting the program from day one.

The Tigers should have a fine shot at another NCAA Tournament appearance this season but after, questions remain as to how they might replace Shelton Mitchell and Marquise Reed in the backcourt. This is more than a sting; it is a complete burn but the one saving grace is that Rivals150 guard Chase Hunter is already on board and they remain involved for Rivals150 prospects Jalen Gaffney, Al-Amir Dawes and Christian Brown.
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/sting-factor-impact-of-josiah-james-commitment-to-clemson
It almost seems as if there is a damned-if-you-do/don't element for Brownell with instate elite prospects. One the one hand, you are almost forced to recruit them, but on the other, there is simply zero evidence that five-star players will pull the trigger on playing ball at Clemson. I don't really fault Brownell for the fact that truly elite players look at Clemson as a second-tier program. Clemson seems to be getting a higher caliber of player more consistently these days but it really stings to go into announcement day believing you are going to get these guys, only to see the rug pulled out twice now.
Jalen Gaffney picks UConn.
(09-26-2018, 10:59 PM)Nevermore Wrote: Jalen Gaffney picks UConn.

Would seem to help with Dawes (i hope).  
Dawes is on his official visit to Clemson this weekend. He's been to Providence and will visit St. John's on October 12. Says he'll make his decision before the start of the high school season.

That's Canadian Joel Brown, who is announcing his decision alongside teammate Jalen Lecque.

https://247sports.com/Player/Tyrell-Jones-46048445/
FWIW, my 'source' tells me that Dawes committed to us over the weekend. I can't claim that he will end up being correct b/c you guys know that things change but it is his understanding that, as things stand right now, Dawes will be a Tiger. He also said that James' mother ended up being a deciding factor in favor of Tennessee at the end.
(10-01-2018, 02:36 PM)ccolon Wrote: FWIW, my 'source' tells me that Dawes committed to us over the weekend. ...

According to Dawes' Instagram (as quoted by TigerNet and others), you'll find out tomorrow (10/11), as he is set to announce his commitment at 3:30PM.
(10-10-2018, 05:01 PM)Huckittome Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 02:36 PM)ccolon Wrote: FWIW, my 'source' tells me that Dawes committed to us over the weekend. ...

According to Dawes' Instagram (as quoted by TigerNet and others), you'll find out tomorrow (10/11), as he is set to announce his commitment at 3:30PM.

Just, PLEASE...no crystal balls!  Those things suck! thumbsdown  thumbsdown
Uncle Salty     "...while beggars can't be choosers, choosers rarely have to be beggars."