Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Hoops Recruits
Anyone know how many we take in the 19 class and which positions?
(02-08-2018, 09:50 PM)Ken Wrote: Anyone know how many we take in the 19 class and which positions?

Right now, we're anticipating four spots open (Mitchell, Reed, Skara and Thomas). There's a high chance we take a grad transfer for our last spot in the 2018 class (originally held for Zion Williamson). If that happens, we'll have five. As you can tell, we'll take players across the board. Because of Trey Jemison, I'd doubt we'd look at another true center, but I could be wrong. I'd think one true point guard, two wings and a smaller post would be the most likely combination.
(01-11-2018, 11:41 AM)crope1 Wrote: FYI Brenden Tucker and Josiah James both have offers according to 247.

Article on Josiah James.
http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-recruiting/article208947864.html

He's #4 in the state of SC? Who are the other three?
Uncle Salty     "...while beggars can't be choosers, choosers rarely have to be beggars."
(07-09-2018, 11:44 AM)Salty Wrote: He's #4 in the state of SC? Who are the other three?

Rivals rankings have never made sense when comparing between national rankings, state rankings and position rankings. If I remember correctly, something similar was wrong with Zion Williamson's ranking. He was something like the #2 player overall but the #3 small forward or something like that. According to their own site, James is their only 5-star recruit in the state of South Carolina, ahead of 4-stars Christian Brown and Juwan Gary.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TouchTheRock's post:
  • Salty

https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Gaffney-91815
Quote:One of the bigger stock risers in the country during the July recruiting periods was Chase Hunter, an athletic 6-foot-3 shooting guard out of Georgia. He wasted no time going to work right when the first recruiting period started by going for 26 points in a matchup against Jaden Springer and B-Maze Elite with a number of coaches in the stands watching.

One of the coaches standing courtside was Michigan State’s Tom Izzo. He put in a call to Hunter after the game, which turned into a scholarship offer earlier this week. Over the course of July, he also added offers from Georgia, Georgia Tech, Houston, Oklahoma, Providence, Virginia and Wake Forest with some interest from Indiana coming in too.

With July behind him and his senior year of school starting Monday, it’s time for Hunter to move forward planning out visits. He already has dates set with Clemson (Aug. 17), Oklahoma (Aug. 24th), and Georgia (Aug. 31). Look for Michigan State and Virginia to get the final two trips.
Clemson: “The best relationship I have is with [Clemson assistant Antonio Reynolds-Dean]. He calls me every day. I watched them in the NCAA Tournament against Auburn. I like how they play. Their coaches compared me to Marcquise Reed because I can score.”
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/hunter-s-stock-elevates-sets-three-official-visits

[-] The following 1 user Likes Nevermore's post:
  • Salty
(08-13-2018, 03:24 AM)Nevermore Wrote:

That's a serious list.  
Uncle Salty     "...while beggars can't be choosers, choosers rarely have to be beggars."
We seem to be involved with a greater number of highly regarded recruits this cycle than I recall previously... swimming with the bigger fish, so to speak. Will be interesting to see if the staff can score some of these players this time.
Josiah James has trimmed his list to a final four of Duke, Michigan State, Tennessee, and Clemson.
Chase Hunter and 2021 big man John Butler visited today along with Brown.
Clemson coaches went in-home with Jalen Gaffney today. He had UConn yesterday.

https://247sports.com/Player/Al-Amir-Dawes-91752/
I hear Josiah James is on campus for an official visit. If the Flo-pocalypse allows, he is supposed to be headed to Duke immediately afterwards.
(09-14-2018, 12:04 PM)HughRichardCranium Wrote: I hear Josiah James is on campus for an official visit. If the Flo-pocalypse allows, he is supposed to be headed to Duke immediately afterwards.

James cancelled his visit and will announce on Wednesday of this week. Should be good news for CU b-ball
His Duke visit, that is. This could be VERY good for Clemson.
Did I hear correctly that Josiah James selected Clemson? I know he was supposed to make the announcement Wednesday, but I could've sworn I heard on the radio this A.M. as I was turning the car off, that they were congratulating Brad Brownell on the pick-up.