Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rumor mill on X-thomas
People are saying there is some rumors flying around that Xavier Thomas may be reopening hit recruitment. Any one heard this or know anything?
Read on a few forums that he wanted to visit SC this weekend. Knowing that Dabo doesn't allow committed players to visit other program's it must have upsetted him or something. After that rumours started to fly around about him decommitting. There is some truth to the story but it isn't really clear if he really considers re-opening his recruitment. Him deleting his ''Clemson commit'' in his instagram bio (later reverted), changing his profile picture and banner on twitter and deleting a twitter post in which he said he would not decommit, added fuel to the fire. it's a very vague situation but we'll just have to wait and see.
I always wonder about the whole thing with committed players not being able to visit anywhere else, and they must decommit if they do so. I understand that thought in theory, but I wonder if Dabo would seriously require the #1 recruit in the country to decommit in order to go watch another game, or visit another school. It's one thing to do that with a 3 or 4 star guy where you potentially have other guys on their same level waiting for a spot to open up. It's another thing to risk losing the #1 player in the country by doing so. I'm not saying your theory is incorrect Netherlands because it makes sense, but I just wonder if Dabo really would take such a hard stance with someone like Thomas.
(09-15-2017, 09:23 AM)clemson2002 Wrote: I always wonder about the whole thing with committed players not being able to visit anywhere else, and they must decommit if they do so.  I understand that thought in theory, but I wonder if Dabo would seriously require the #1 recruit in the country to decommit in order to go watch another game, or visit another school.  It's one thing to do that with a 3 or 4 star guy where you potentially have other guys on their same level waiting for a spot to open up.  It's another thing to risk losing the #1 player in the country by doing so.  I'm not saying your theory is incorrect Netherlands because it makes sense, but I just wonder if Dabo really would take such a hard stance with someone like Thomas.

I believe Dabo should either keep the rule for everyone or no one.

Don't let a 5 star guy do sh** that you won't allow a 4 star guy to do.

I like the policy.  If XT wanted to go to other schools, he shouldn't have committed and it has been super obvious that Dabo has that talk with each player before he even allows them to commit.  It isn't like they don't know.  
TCI just confirmed he will head back to IMG Academy in Florida so he probably didn't wanna take the risk of decommitting and getting a lot of hate. Here's the link to the article http://theclemsoninsider.com/2017/09/15/friday-morning-update-on-5-star-xavier-thomas/
Mike Jones just told Matt on twitter that they are headed back to IMG in the morning. 
XT - "If you didn't hear it from me, don't believe it. I'm a 17 year old kid trying to enjoy life, leave me b."
Technically, the rule is that you can't take official visits to another program while committed. Deshaun Watson (Auburn) and Tavien Feaster (Tennessee) both made unofficial visits after their verbal commitments (under the auspices of supporting high school teammates), and I believe Trevor Lawrence was a visitor for either Florida State or Alabama for the Chick-fil-a Kickoff Classic. The internet blew up for those visits as well - but it wasn't quite the local story, as it didn't involve South Carolina.

The only real novelty of the situation is that the South Carolina message board leaked the information of the visit before their coaching staff could actually get him on campus - and as such, allowed the entire situation to blow up BEFORE it happened.

South Carolina was never going to stop recruiting him, as he is WAAAAAAY too important to their narrative of progress. And it needs to be said that from the standpoint of letting outside influences seep back into the process, the hurricane opened a 2-week window.
When rumors abound and one is looking for facts, the internet is the last place one should visit. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Joe21's post:
  • Bugmantom, Marty Coleman
(09-15-2017, 10:23 AM)Marty Coleman Wrote: XT - "If you didn't hear it from me, don't believe it. I'm a 17 year old kid trying to enjoy life, leave me b."

Was that a 'Breaking News' feed?   popcorn
Uncle Salty     "...while beggars can't be choosers, choosers rarely have to be beggars."
"The only thing I have to address is Clemson fans don’t have anything to worry about. I’m All In."

http://theclemsoninsider.com/2017/09/15/straight-talk-with-thomas-and-jones-thomas-comments-on-de-commitment-rumors/
"and haters on the other side of the state"

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
[Image: IMG_0231.PNG]
I guess I am too far out of "it", as I have no clue as to what all this Twitter crap is about, and why
Would anyone in their right mind want to launch negative comments about a player you want to come to your favorite school........wait, did you say Scar?

Explains it all