Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Art Briles has a job
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20486942/former-baylor-bears-coach-art-briles-hired-assistant-coach-hamilton-tiger-cats-canadian-football-league
That, actually, is not shocking at all. I wouldn't be surprised to see an NFL team take a flier on him some time down the line. What would shock me is if a college team takes a flier on him.
League said no.

Art Briles no longer taking job as Hamilton Tiger-Cats assistant
There are some things no amount of soap and hot water will wash away....
Uncle Salty     "...while beggars can't be choosers, choosers rarely have to be beggars."
The CFL has more integrity than the NFL.
Actually I think it was a mutual decision between team and league...I think the league said, "What the hell you doin'?" and the team was getting slammed, too...
The article I read made it sound fan driven. Still, a part of me thinks the NFL would not have come to the same result.
The one I read said most of social media backlash came from "the states"...why am I not surprised...
Interesting. That wouldn't surprise me at all. The article I read didn't really specify, it just said Hamilton Fans were responding negatively on social media.

Outside of his baggage, Briles' style of offense is actually pretty well suited for the style they play in Canada. Not that I want him to find a job, or care really. I just think his style is suited for the game in Canada.
ya know ... canada, more so than us ... but us also ... if he would just come out and say it ... "i screwed up, we made mistakes, i wish i could take it back and do it different."

we are a forgiving nation ... typically ...

2-3 years in the penalty box ... the only thing that i can think of that prevents him from saying it ... the lawsuits ... i dunno ...

cookie
"I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big." ... Donald Trump

[-] The following 3 users Like CookF16's post:
  • Bugmantom, HughRichardCranium, Joe21
(08-30-2017, 03:48 PM)CookF16 Wrote: ya know ... canada, more so than us ... but us also ... if he would just come out and say it ... "i screwed up, we made mistakes, i wish i could take it back and do it different."

we are a forgiving nation ... typically ...

2-3 years in the penalty box ... the only thing that i can think of that prevents him from saying it ... the lawsuits ... i dunno ...

cookie

That's a very true statement cookie. If he would own up to the mistake and show remorse it would go a long way.
I disagree to an extent. The SJWs will make sure he doesn't work around young people (not that CFLers are young people) for a long time and I don't necessarily disagree that he shouldn't be allowed to coach in college, but pro is a different thing.

Forget that it's football...just say you're hiring a "manager" for your business. You have an applicant with a great resume, lots of experience, lots of people saying good things about him. You find out he was involved in a huge scandal regarding sexual assaults, coverups and other nefarious goings on at his previous employer. Would you hire him?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Marty Coleman's post:
  • CookF16
(08-31-2017, 07:42 AM)Marty Coleman Wrote: I disagree to an extent.  The SJWs will make sure he doesn't work around young people (not that CFLers are young people) for a long time and I don't necessarily disagree that he shouldn't be allowed to coach in college, but pro is a different thing.

Forget that it's football...just say you're hiring a "manager" for your business.  You have an applicant with a great resume, lots of experience, lots of people saying good things about him.  You find out he was involved in a huge scandal regarding sexual assaults, coverups and other nefarious goings on at his previous employer.  Would you hire him?

To your point, Marty, Brile's lack of comment speaks volumes, to me, about what he knew and chose to do nothing about.  He's very damaged goods and would be best served to step away entirely and, if so inclined, work anonymously to support causes reflecting the damage created at Baylor.  He has the money...he should do some soul cleansing with it, understanding it's his actions alone, because he's not going to receive credit nor any acknowledgment of rehabilitating.  Not gonna happen...
Uncle Salty     "...while beggars can't be choosers, choosers rarely have to be beggars."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Salty's post:
  • CookF16
marty ... you are probably right ... but, i do believe if he doesn't show some kind of remorse he'll have no chance ...
"I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big." ... Donald Trump