Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALL-IN Cookout
Well, sounds like the cookout was a big disappointment, we already knew XT and Mike Jones wouldn't attend but, Jamaree Salyer, Trey Hill and Anthony Cook who confirmed they would attend didn't show up, what happened??
I have no idea. Just glad someone posted some information about this event.

Heard that at Tenneessee RB commit, Dixon, did attend. While Clemson has proven themselves at flipping UT
Commits, this may be a tough one. It's is a position of need so hope it happens.

Really sad Trey Hill didn't make it as we need some OL for the future. You gotta trust Dabo and company and know they will make the best of the situation. It just doesn't make sense to have so many no shows after winning the Natty. Something is up,and I bet the negative recruiting is at an all time high against Clemson.

But it could be worse...(Ole Miss)
Did some research, contacted some people and i managed to get some info

Anthony Cook had a death in the family so he had to contact dabo he couldn't attend, which is understandable.
Jamaree Salyer didn't have transportation so he couldn't make it.
Trey Hill had the date mixed up and thought the cookout was on saturday.
Really tried to make it sound interesting, but sounds like a dud...I'm not a big recruiting guy and a bit on the geezer side so maybe it's just me...

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/All-In-Cookout-Insider-Darnell-Jefferies-steals-the-show-over-the-no-shows-16022
(07-22-2017, 10:01 AM)Clemson Netherlands Wrote: Did some research, contacted some people and i managed to get some info

Anthony Cook had a death in the family so he had to contact dabo he couldn't attend, which is understandable.
Jamaree Salyer didn't have transportation so he couldn't make it.
Trey Hill had the date mixed up and thought the cookout was on saturday.

The Salyer deal is a tough one.  I'm not sure I understand how expenses go for something like this compared to official visits, but having a daughter who is a student athlete at FSU has kind of opened my eyes wider to how many of these college athletes come from families that really struggle financially.  I guess I never realized how many kids really don't have any family support to even get places they need to go.  Its really sad sometimes.  I don't know that this is the case with Salyer, just commenting on how for so many of us, the All-In picnic would be a huge deal, but getting there would just be a matter of gassing up the car and going.  Not so easy for everybody!