Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT - Baylor football team....
Did anyone see the ESPN short blurb of Baylor team getting off the bus and walking into the stadium.??? I was amazed at what this team was wearing or not wearing. Some wore flip-flops, some sneakers, T-shirts, hoodies, old jogging suits, bermuda type shorts, jeez. They looked like a bus load of homeless refugees or hobos.

I am so glad that Dabo requires our football team to "Dress for Success". Our Tigers wear suits, ties, or nice dress slacks with sportcoat and tie, and nice polished dress shoes when they get on the bus for away games going to GSP or doing the Tiger Walk at home games.

Something about that little "extra" detail that Clemson does...

WT
I understand your anger at me, but what do you have against the horse I ride in on?
Texas can be very casual regarding dress. You can go to a restaurant, look left and see a couple dressed nicely ... then look right and see tank shirts and sandals. Maybe they dressed that way to fit in better in Austin. [Keep Austin Weird]

With that said, I totally agree on how Dabo has established a very respectable pre-game dress code.
(10-29-2016, 05:02 PM)LarryBailey Wrote: Texas can be very casual regarding dress.  You can go to a restaurant, look left and see a couple dressed nicely ... then look right and see tank shirts and sandals.  Maybe they dressed that way to fit in better in Austin. [Keep Austin Weird]

With that said, I totally agree on how Dabo has established a very respectable pre-game dress code.

Florida is this way too.  I've thought if I ever move back to the Carolinas, I'll have to buy a lot more clothes.  Seriously, there are very few social occasions where flip flops are not acceptable.  I've gotten really used to it.
Southern California can be really casual too. In Pac Beach or even up in Long Beach I've gone into places near the shore where some are dressed nicely and some look like they just came back from surfing.
Isn't it common everywhere now?
[-] The following 2 users Like 76Paw's post:
  • Delk, ioptiger
I would say most places in SC are the same.
[-] The following 2 users Like HughRichardCranium's post:
  • Delk, ioptiger
I was a usher at a good friend of mine's funeral ( a former SEAL) everyone was dressed in black.. Me, board shorts, tee shirt and flip flops..
[-] The following 1 user Likes ioptiger's post:
  • Delk
Our fans need to get out of the mentality of fixating on dumb stuff like this. Our program is successful because we recruit well, put HUGE financial resources into our football program, and we have a great coaching staff. End of.

The more you lose focus on that and start fixating on this stuff, the more you lose sight of what it really takes to be successful.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tripp's post:
  • Bugmantom
I disagree. It is called discipline and unity. The coach sets the rules and dress code is one of them. If we know anything about Dabo it is he has a reason behind everything he does.
[-] The following 2 users Like Delk's post:
  • AtlantaJ, Marty Coleman
Not sure about unity, but its about more than being a football player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Marty Coleman's post:
  • Joe21
These guys are going to be entering the real world. If their job interviews and eventual employment dictate certain dress codes, they will be prepared. First impressions in an interview, be it attire, tattoos, hair style, language, body language or other factors, can have a tremendous impact on the outcome of an interview. "Dressing for success" is still an important factor in many areas of employment. Dabo is preparing these young men for the future, not just for game day.
That's true Joe but accepted attire and body art are rapidly changing. I don't imagine many of you or your contemporaries ever had a casual Friday or would consider taking a plane trip in jeans or shorts. I can remember the joy of going to the office tie-less after 40 years of the cursed things.

OT but ties have to be the most stupid and useless dress accessory ever.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Delk's post:
  • Bugmantom
I look forward to putting every tie I own in a shredder in the next year or two. I plan on burning the shredded refuse and toasting it with the liquor of the day.
Flying in flip flops and shorts is the best. Security is super easy and it's always hot on a plane.

Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. - Tommy Boy
[-] The following 1 user Likes N06's post:
  • Marty Coleman
My job doesn't require ties, and I'm incredibly grateful for that. As such, I actually enjoy the opportunity to put on a tie
Shorts, t-shirt and flip flops are my attire of choice. I used to fly a lot with the owner of the company I worked for. He would be in a dress shirt, dress slacks and sports coat. I was like Steve at the funeral.
Ties were actually invented to keep you shirt clean. NO kidding. I believe it was a colonel in the army.
I fly with Chelsea boots, jeans and a jacket in the winter and flip flops and shorts in the summer, easier that way.

My job dictates me wearing whatever the hell I want to but sometimes I dress up just because I want to feel like my damn age and not a college student.
(10-30-2016, 03:00 PM)N06 Wrote: Flying in flip flops and shorts is the best. Security is super easy and it's always hot on a plane.

Yo. I always wear sandals on planes (don't fly for work)...and shorts....
Given that planes are some of the dirtiest places imaginable I never wear shorts or flip flops.

About Baylor, dressing for a game the same way you would dress for the beach does not set the right mental tone for the team. There is a reason Saban and Dabo demand a certain level of decorum and respect for the game. We have casual Fridays at work but don't dress down on days where we have a big meeting or entertain customers.