Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Regional TV Coverage
This is where Swofford and the ACC really suck. Why is the only coverage on ESPN3? Why no ACC affiliate? Why no regional coverage? They have to quit screwing around and develop an ACC Network.
Funny ... the Nebraska and Oklahoma State game at Clemson was on ESPNU
"I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big." ... Donald Trump

Yeah, why should a 7 national seed be on TV at home when we can show a couple of unranked teams instead.
Well iirc ... a few years back we got absolutely nothing because ESPN and company were showing nothing but girl softball... remember groves going into near meltdowns over that?
"I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big." ... Donald Trump

(06-03-2016, 05:06 PM)76Paw Wrote: Yeah, why should a 7 national seed be on TV at home when we can show a couple of unranked teams instead.

Because it was in the middle of the day. 

Yes, we're #7 overall. But you have to remember that #1-6 are probably also playing at the exact same time (a couple may be different times, but you get my point).
Hey its on espn3! I watched the early game OKie State is gonna be tough out.

I thought ACC network is with fox sports and ESPN has the ncaa baseball contract I believe for the tourney it used to be nothing at all for regionals its gotten a lot better but i would like to see more effort to show the top national seeds. But espn3 works perfect for me very easy and usually great resolution and no buffering. I think the ESPNU game tonight is for TCU v Oral Roberts U
I'm watching on the computer.  My buddy is loving his Amazon firestick and watching it on his TV.
I have a friend who sells unlocked amazon firesticks. Says you can get anything, even movies still in theatres. I haven't bought one though.

Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. - Tommy Boy
details on this unlocked stick?
Yeah I can get espn3, but it is a pain in the a. I can watch it on the laptop unless espn decides to reject my password, and make me jump through a bunch of hoops to prove that it is valid. Then when I'm done fighting with them, I get the pleasure of watching it on a laptop size screen. Since I live in the sticks, the best internet connection you can buy is only 6Mbps, and it rarely gets above 5Mbps, but is often less than that. So I also get to enjoy stopping for buffering, and continually changing video quality, mostly very low, as it tries to keep up. When watching it live, I can't back up, or start over, or skip forward, I can only watch it live, unless I wait until it is over, and they put up the replay, which I can then control.

I have a 60" smart TV connected to the internet with all the internet TV services, but no way to get directly to espn3. I also have a home theater sound system with blue ray player and internet connection with all those same services and more, but still no espn3 directly. In order to get it to the big screen, I have to take the laptop to the TV, and hard wire them together. Then if I want to control it, I have to get up and go to the laptop to enter changes. It is just not worth the effort to get low quality video anyway.

So yeah, I'm thrilled that I get such great coverage. Fyck Swofford and esecpn.
I can fix your problem for under $20. Good wireless mouse. I'll let you figure out the rest.

Also, does the smart TV not go to watchespn.com?
(06-03-2016, 11:38 PM)AtlantaJ Wrote: details on this unlocked stick?

[Image: 20160604_063017.png]

Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. - Tommy Boy
(06-03-2016, 09:34 PM)N06 Wrote: I have a friend who sells unlocked amazon firesticks. Says you can get anything, even movies still in theatres. I haven't bought one though.

(06-04-2016, 05:31 AM)N06 Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 11:38 PM)AtlantaJ Wrote: details on this unlocked stick?

[Image: 20160604_063017.png]
I would not actually admit to owning one but I can that - they do in face work. And it is true you can watch TV shows like game of Thrones a week in advance. However you need a very fast internet connection because regular service is way too slow. 
General, I probably just need a teenager to set up the parts that I'm missing, and explain to me how it all works.

I thought the whole point of the smart tv was to avoid having to hook a computer to the TV, but I can't figure any way to get it to go to a regular browser. I can't get it to go to any ****.com. Search doesn't get me anywhere either, and help is no help.

I can connect to hulu plus, YouTube, Vudu, CinemaNow, HotList, YuppTV, Amazon, Netflix, Pandora, Rhapsody, and AccuWeather, but no regular internet. No google, no espn.com, no watchespn.com, no seldomusedreserve.com, no anything.com.

Probably just operator incompetence, but frustrating none the less.
john ... w/o going back and reading the entire thread ... can u get espnU ? ... unless i am reading it wrong, our game tonight at 7 is on there ...

Yeah Mike, I get anything on TV just fine, and anything put on YouTube or any of those other services. I just can't get regular internet through the TV. I get it OK on the computer, I just can't figure out how to get it through the smart TV, or home theater system without hooking a computer to them.
Just ordered one.

http://www.bullseyepro2.com/amazon-fire-stick-unlocked.html