Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$EC Douchebag of the Day
I hope Clemson stomps a hole the size of Alabama in those Tigers of Auburn as we honor one of their own as the D-Bag of the Day!

Auburn's depleted backfield took another blow when coach Gus Malzahn dismissed top running back Jovon Robinson from the team.

A source told ESPN's Brett McMurphy that Robinson was dismissed for repeatedly missing classes and meetings and for his "continued inattention to detail in everything."

Read more here...

[Image: 19097217-mmmain.jpg]
Every day should be called Will Muschamp is a Douchebag Day in the $EC bartmoon

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: LL]
[Image: muschampragin.0.gif]
[Image: ku-xlarge.gif]
[Image: muschhaaaamp.0.gif]
[Image: will-muschamp-is-mad.gif]
Auburn defensive back Stephen Roberts was arrested Wednesday night on misdemeanor charges of attempting to elude law enforcement and carrying a pistol without a permit.

Auburn Police Capt. Lorenza Dorsey said Friday that the 20-year-old Roberts was a passenger in a vehicle during a traffic stop and attempted to flee from the officer. The arrest report shows Roberts was arrested at 9:53 p.m. CT and that the firearm was a handgun.

[Image: serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.scout.co...5e1ff3e653]

* Original article here...
After a 2-2 start to the season, LSU parted ways with football coach Les Miles after 12 years and a 114-34 overall record.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2016/09/25/les-miles-fired-lsu/91089640/

LSU powers that be, you are our $EC Douchebag(s) of the day! The Mad Hatter was a consistent winner for your school in a highly challenging football division who stayed loyal after being courted by other schools and this is the thanks you give?... wtf
Eh...I can see it. I like him a lot...but I can see it.

He and Cam Cameron were not doing much with their offensive talent & he wasn't willing to move on from Cam Cameron. Since losing the title game to Bama (21-0) in a game, he's lost at least 3 games per season and gone 2-2 in Bowl games.

If he hadn't beaten aTm and blown out TT in bowl game, he wouldn't have made it to this year. He was already on borrowed time.
Exactly, and I'd even say that their team wasn't all that great the year they lost to Bama in the national title game.  They certainly had a great defense that year, but they were very average on offense from what I can remember.  Miles had been struggling a bit at LSU in the few years prior to that one as well, and in a way it reminds me of how Jack Leggett was struggling here with the baseball program and managed to make it to within 1 win of the CWS finals in the middle of those years.  

Following the year they won the national championship in 2007, which btw, they lost 2 games that season as well and Miles never had a season with fewer than 2 losses, they went 8-5, 9-4, 11-2, and then had the 13-1 season where they lost to Bama in the title game.  Since that year they went 10-3, 10-3, 8-5, 9-3, and then were 2-2 this season.  This is a team that constantly recruits in the top 5-10, and Miles had only finished in the top 10 in 2 of the last 8 seasons, and were well on their way to making that only 2 of the last 9.  Miles was also only 15-11 in his last 26 SEC games.  

Their issues have also been the same for several years, and Miles was constantly criticized for clock management late in games.  Look at the end of the Auburn game this past week.  They took one penalty near the end for not being lined up in time, the players were walking to the huddle, and there was confusion all over the place.  Then while the refs were sorting out the penalty and there was only 1 second left the LSU coaches and players just stood around waiting instead of having a play called and standing in formation waiting for the ball to be placed.  Had they been set and ready they may of actually had a chance to get the play off in time.  Hell, look back at their game with us.  I realize that Miles wasn't the one calling plays, but I recall on their last offensive drive where they had a 2nd and 1 with only a couple of minutes left.  They throw an incomplete pass on 2nd down, and another one on 3rd down when the pass got knocked down at the line.  You'd have to figure that they could have ran for the yard needed for the first down had they ran it two straight times there, or at the very least they could have forced us to use two of our timeouts.
(09-26-2016, 09:29 AM)HughRichardCranium Wrote: Eh...I can see it.  I like him a lot...but I can see it.

He and Cam Cameron were not doing much with their offensive talent & he wasn't willing to move on from Cam Cameron.  Since losing the title game to Bama (21-0) in a game, he's lost at least 3 games per season and gone 2-2 in Bowl games.

If he hadn't beaten aTm and blown out TT in bowl game, he wouldn't have made it to this year.  He was already on borrowed time.

Get rid of him this early in the season, though? What a sh**** way to send the guy packing and leave the team with over half their games to play still...
I hope they wander in the desert for 40 years like Tennessee after Fulmer.
Tim Williams, come on down!

Alabama Crimson Tide linebacker Tim Williams was arrested Thursday morning by campus police on a misdemeanor charge of carrying a pistol without a permit.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17668404/alabama-crimson-tide-lb-tim-williams-arrested-gun-charge

[Image: serveimage?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zimbio.c...1f16cb.jpg]
It's been a while since we've had a Gamecock addition to this thread and even though it's football season when no one outside of Cocklumbia considers them talented enough to be in the $EC in the first place, here's a sucker punching, police assaulting basketball player to help the Cocks win something this time of the year: $EC Douchebag Player of the Day! clap  beer

COLUMBIA — South Carolina basketball player Rakym Felder will apply for pretrial intervention on misdemeanor charges stemming from an incident outside a Five Points bar last weekend, it was announced Friday in Columbia Municipal Court.

Felder, a freshman, was arrested early Sunday morning on six charges, including third-degree assault, resisting arrest, use of a fake or altered ID, and failure to stop on police command. He allegedly punched one victim and kicked and struck a police officer during arrest, according to police reports.

http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/usc-basketball-player-rakym-felder-seeking-pti-following-arrest/article_1fff859c-9d2f-11e6-a772-5749d381ca91.html
[Image: serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wltx.com...fcd16600ce]
A first for this thread today as the Daily D-Bag Award goes to a non-person and what's really a non-factor at that when it comes to being competitive in college football: the $EC Least division!

Not only does the SEC East suck but check out how highly ranked the ACC is!

[from the linked article above]

The SEC East isn't just significantly worse than the SEC West.

According to at least one ranking, the East has become the single worst in major-conference college football, behind the maligned Big Ten West and narrowly ahead of the mid-major Mountain West's top division.

The SEC East is so bad that the league could add 3-5 Notre Dame and watch its average ranking in S&P+, an opponent-adjusted advanced stat, go up.
I have'nt looked at the SEC least standings but I'm guessing that as bad as Scar is, they are probably not on the bottom in the standings, they have actually won a few games
(11-01-2016, 03:01 PM)Bugmantom Wrote: I have'nt looked at the SEC least standings but I'm guessing that as bad as Scar is, they are probably not on the bottom in the standings, they have actually won a few games

SEC - East
[Image: 57.png&h=50&scale=crop&w=50&location=ori...ion=origin]Florida
4-1

[Image: 96.png&h=50&scale=crop&w=50&location=ori...ion=origin]Kentucky
4-2

[Image: 2633.png&h=50&scale=crop&w=50&location=o...ion=origin]Tennessee
2-3

[Image: 61.png&h=50&scale=crop&w=50&location=ori...ion=origin]Georgia
2-4

[Image: 2579.png&h=50&scale=crop&w=50&location=o...ion=origin]South Carolina
2-4

[Image: 238.png&h=50&scale=crop&w=50&location=or...ion=origin]Vanderbilt
1-3

[Image: 142.png&h=50&scale=crop&w=50&location=or...ion=origin]Missouri
0-4
And yet Florida is ranked high in the playoff rankings...no way they should be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Maddog's post:
  • HughRichardCranium
(11-02-2016, 11:10 PM)Maddog Wrote: And yet Florida is ranked high in the playoff rankings...no way they should be.

They won't be when it closes out, though.
After they get throttled by LSU, FSU, and BamaSU.

Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. - Tommy Boy
After watching Arkansas' complete meltdown in the second half against Virginia Tech in the Belk Bowl I'm going to give the nod to the whole Razorbacks squad...and this player in particular:

Arkansas tight end Jeremy Sprinkle has been suspended for the Belk Bowl, per a University of Arkansas release and Charlotte police say he's been cited for shoplifting.

According to an incident report from Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, Sprinkle is accused of shoplifting eight items from the Belk Store in the SouthPark Mall, including several shirts and two wallets.

As part of the team's bowl activities leading up to the game, players were given 90 minutes and a $450 gift card at the Belk store at SouthPark mall. The eight items Sprinkle has been cited for add up to $259.99. He was cited for shoplifting by concealment on the scene Tuesday, December 27th at 7:48 p.m. local time.

[Original news article here]

[Image: serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fthebasementdw...264cd7b638]
^^ What's really funny, to top it off, Bielema exclaimed on TV at halftime and up 24-0, they had 'learned to play 4 qtrs this season. We're going to play 4 qtrs, I promise you that.' Paraphrasing a tad, but he was adamant because the reporter basically asked him about the meltdown against another team earlier in the season and how to avoid it. Wish I could remember the exact question.

Not only did they melt down but they flat quit in the 4th.
Hugh Freeze and Ole Piss, come on down! You deserve today's award for your shady ways! Chad Kelly and Robert Nkemdiche fit in well there, too clap

...the school announced Wednesday it was self-imposing a one-year bowl ban for the 2017 season for major recruiting violations. The university received a new NCAA notice of allegations (NOA) that accused the school of lack of institutional control and that Freeze failed to monitor his coaching staff.

The amended NOA alleges eight new rules violations to go along with that crushing lack of institutional control charge. That now brings the number up from 13 football rules violations from last year's NOA to 21 by current or former members of Ole Miss' football coaching staff.

Ole Piss Urinatin' Rebels Experience a Bowl Freeze!
dear lawd ... that is bad ... but UNC just skates along with the biggest academic fraud case in the history of mankind ...
"I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big." ... Donald Trump