Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celebrate the Cock Meltdown...
We need to drop 50 on them and send them back to the roost to start talking about women's basketball.......wait, they have already been talking about ladies ball!
I guarantee we would win the East this year. I am 98% sure we would win the SEC.

Scar fans never cease to amaze me with what they say/type out loud.
Check out the venting from another heartbreaking loss for the Roaches!

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=220667
At least the Gamecocks are good at something. On numerous occasions they have broken the world record on how to evacuate 80,000 people in less than five minutes.
South Carolina president explains decision to pay Steve Spurrier for remainder of contract year

[Image: Berkowitz_Steve.png] Steve Berkowitz, USA TODAY Sports9:08 a.m. EST November 16, 2015

[Image: 635832614330598263-USATSI-8798548.jpg]

(Photo: Jim Dedmon, USA TODAY Sports)

2CONNECT 12TWEETLINKEDIN 1COMMENTEMAILMORE
INDIANAPOLIS – University of South Carolinapresident Harris Pastides said the school's decision to pay Steve Spurrier for the remainder of his current contract year even though Spurrier resigned mid-season was made at least partially out of concern that it would end up having to pay him an even greater amount of money.

Spurrier, 70, was the winningest coach in South Carolina history. He announced his resignation on Oct. 13, with the Gamecocks' record this season at 2-4 (0-4 in the Southeastern Conference). He was replaced on an interim basis by Shawn Elliott, the former co-offensive coordinator and offensive line coach.

Spurrier had been working under a contract that called for him to annually receive $4 million in basic compensation from the school over a contract year that ended each Dec. 31 and ran through 2018.

His base salary of $1.05 million was to be paid in 24 equal installments. But his $2.95 million for services connected to TV and radio shows, commercial endorsements and other activities was to be paid in varying amounts on April 1, the first days of July through December and then Dec. 31. He was to receive a pro-rated portion of those amounts for any partial contract year in which he was employed.

[/url][Image: 635802855443115880-USATSI-8798548.jpg]

USA TODAY

How Steve Spurrier left a permanent stamp on college football

[url=http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/10/12/coach-steve-spurrier-retires-sec-legacy/73850454/]
Based on those payment schedules, when Spurrier resigned, he had at least $900,000 and perhaps more than $1.1 million remaining for his 2015 contract year.

The decision to pay Spurrier "was something discussed and negotiated between the coach and the athletic director (Ray Tanner)" Pastides said. "I and the board got involved with respect to being informed about it, but over an extremely short period of time. There was only a day between when we knew the coach was contemplating resigning and when he was making this public.

"There were alternate payment possibilities that could have cost the university more. Without getting into detail, I think most people are thinking the alternative is zero. But there are alternate possibilities that could have been arrived at through negotiation with the coach that possibly could have been more. So I think the university felt, given how this all happened and our ability to move forward quickly, that this was appropriate."

Under the terms of Spurrier's contract, if the university fired him without cause, it would have owed him $1 million for each year remaining on the contract, along with a pro-rated portion of that amount for any partial year.

It remains undetermined whether Spurrier will accept the post-coaching employment offer the university is contractually obligated to make him. He would be a special assistant to the president and the AD at an annual salary of $100,000, provided he maintains his residence in Columbia.
$100k a year would probably not be worth living in Columbia. At least not if I had millions in the bank.
"Maintains his residence in Columbia" does not mean he can't take as many extended vacations as he wants.
(11-16-2015, 03:09 PM)Delk Wrote: "Maintains his residence in Columbia" does not mean he can't take as many extended vacations as he wants.

He should buy one of those foreclosed condos near the stadium. That guy will never be in Cola. 
WR from Conway tells SCar to suck it.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/report-south-carolina-loses-four-star-wide-receiver-bryan-edwards/
(11-19-2015, 12:51 PM)IOP25 Wrote: WR from Conway tells SCar to suck it.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/report-south-carolina-loses-four-star-wide-receiver-bryan-edwards/

Haha, just got this as a breaking news text from our local rag and forwarded it to some Gamecock buddies! clap popcorn
uscusc1987
uscusc1987

I'm not saying Clempson shouldn't be no 1.I'm just saying you haven't played anyone on the road. Very fortunate. Had you played at Notre dame and FSU you probably wouldn't be 10-0. I don't think you can beat two top 4 teams away from home. We shall see. Maybe. You may not beat USC or UNC both. Jealousy? I will never be jealous of Clempson. I think the fans, most who never went to tater tek are trash, you cheat to win in the past big, your coach is a cheerleader and Spurrier owned his ass. The town sux. The student body has no diversity. You cover up murders. Jealous, no embararassed your in this state.

uscusc1987, Yesterday at 12:53 PM Last edited: Yesterday at 1:05 PM
(11-19-2015, 05:06 PM)reynolds Wrote: uscusc1987
uscusc1987

I'm not saying Clempson shouldn't be no 1.I'm just saying you haven't played anyone on the road. Very fortunate. Had you played at Notre dame and FSU you probably wouldn't be 10-0. I don't think you can beat two top 4 teams away from home. We shall see. Maybe. You may not beat USC or UNC both. Jealousy? I will never be jealous of Clempson. I think the fans, most who never went to tater tek are trash, you cheat to win in the past big, your coach is a cheerleader and Spurrier owned his ass. The town sux. The student body has no diversity. You cover up murders. Jealous, no embararassed your in this state.

uscusc1987, Yesterday at 12:53 PM Last edited: Yesterday at 1:05 PM

English as a second language person?
Our fanbase is constantly at the top as one of the best and most polite. The ignorance by those motards in Cola is astounding. Better academics, better campus, better every f***ing thing. Slurrier is a ***** that just quit in the middle of the year. He quit your BS university bc you suck so GD bad. Can't wait until Stevo takes another job.
You do know that the coot isn't on this board so he can't read your pithy retort.
I'm wound up Jack.

I don't post on their boards so it made me feel better.
(11-19-2015, 05:30 PM)IOP25 Wrote: Our fanbase is constantly at the top as one of the best and most polite. The ignorance by those motards in Cola is astounding. Better academics, better campus, better every f***ing thing. Slurrier is a ***** that just quit in the middle of the year. He quit your BS university bc you suck so GD bad. Can't wait until Stevo takes another job.

Copy and paste baby! Haha. I bet a ton of their loser fans still read it. Classic
Okay, do you want the Citadel/Roaches game thread: http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=220858  clap

or

The Citadel game vent thread: http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=220868?  popcorn

Oh what the hell, enjoy them both!!!!!!!!  2thumbsup
From that cockytalk thread -

**** OLD BALL SACK.

Old semi-retired Geezer set our program back a decade with his lazy recruiting and horrible hires, and he had the audacity to quit midseason and still take a pay check. ****ing fraud overrated coach. Should have won way more than he did at all his previous positions but his pathetic ego and work ethic got in the way. Hope he has fun golfing with all that money he stole from us, clown ass Coors drinking nimrod
(11-21-2015, 09:19 PM)icmcumin Wrote: From that cockytalk thread -

**** OLD BALL SACK.

Old semi-retired Geezer set our program back a decade with his lazy recruiting and horrible hires, and he had the audacity to quit midseason and still take a pay check. ****ing fraud overrated coach. Should have won way more than he did at all his previous positions but his pathetic ego and work ethic got in the way. Hope he has fun golfing with all that money he stole from us, clown ass Coors drinking nimrod

clap
(11-21-2015, 09:19 PM)icmcumin Wrote: From that cockytalk thread -

**** OLD BALL SACK.

That sounds like something I'd post about ole "Leave Spurrier" hahahaha! The Chicken Curse is the best thing in sports ever! beer