Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reports: Monte Lee agrees to terms to become next HC
very very good hands ...in 3 yrs or less, we will look back and just go wow ...how in the world did we hang onto jack that long ...
"I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big." ... Donald Trump

I'm pretty excited about this hire. I have a feeling he's going to do great things with the resources he'll have available to him at Clemson.

The good news is, this is a destination job, too. We'll have Monte Lee here for a while.
I am excited about the hire. Now we need some wealthy alums to pony up and start an endowment. There are 4 teams remaining in the CWS. The 2 teams that are sitting at 2-0 are Vandy and Virginia. Both of them allegedly have some sort of endowment that allows them to attract players and somehow supplement the scholarship restrictions. How the NCAA considers this to be fair escapes me, but it is easy to see an advantage.
From Elon's coach: “He and I are pretty good friends and we've known each other since he was with the Gamecocks,” Kennedy said. “A perfect example of the kind of person he is - this year we were down at his place playing, and we get into a rain delay and we're sitting in the dugout and he's texting me about turkey hunting. Those are the kinds of things that he does. Yes he is a coach that is committed and wants to win with everything he has, but he is a person at the same time. We are trying to win games and he is talking about turkey hunting. That is just the kind of guy he is. He keeps it light and keeps it real and is just as good a guy off the field as he is on it.”

JL would have been talking nonstop to the team exhausting everyone in earshot.
(06-16-2015, 06:40 PM)Salty Wrote:
(06-16-2015, 06:06 PM)IOP25 Wrote: I could throw up a softball and knock it out of DK. 310 to left.

We're waiting.....

R