Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 days in Houston
so, we're not traveling this year so me and the little woman took jr to the Astros-Yankees series last weekend in Houston....random observations....

1. Ticket prices are ridiculous, but parking is worse...$35 each night to park...as Mike Tyson would say "Ludicruth!"
2. Crazy prices at concession stands... $12.75 for 16 oz beer...$9.75 for mini pizza (but it was hot and tasty), $25 for t-shirt with players name on it...water was $7.75...some dude bought a $42 bottle of wine....
3. I grew up loving the Yankees...when I moved to Texas that drifted...after the last weekend..could not care less...their obnoxious fans were all over the place..as with every fan base many were cool...some were "deplorable"
4. Aaron Judge is Yuuuuuuge....tweeted some photos of him next to Yuli Gurriel and then Jose Altuve...just crazy big (6'7, 282) for baseball player.
5. MLB players are really damn good at baseball...it's one thing to see it on TV and another to see it in person (from 8th row on Sunday)...the skills are incredible...
6. There is a pace problem...my son who loves the Astros was bored out of his head on Sunday as Mike Fiers threw about 50% strikes, walked guys and took forever to throw pitches.  There's a clock, but 10 year olds have little patience.
7. We're going to see the Texans on opening day, so I'll have a more complete comparison, but of the 2 we've seen this year the NBA is the best in stadium experience we've had...the game was on TNT and you could see jr jumping in the aisle during timeouts, jamming to music and whatever the PA guy was saying, very engaged...during Astros games his head was down between innings...just a different vibe...will be interesting to see what Texans offer...

Messages In This Thread
3 days in Houston - Marty Coleman - 07-04-2017, 06:58 PM
RE: 3 days in Houston - Marty Coleman - 09-15-2017, 03:21 PM
RE: 3 days in Houston - Bugmantom - 09-17-2017, 09:36 AM