Seldom Used Reserve
Next year scoring - Printable Version

+- Seldom Used Reserve (http://forums.seldomusedreserve.com)
+-- Forum: Clemson (http://forums.seldomusedreserve.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Clemson Basketball (http://forums.seldomusedreserve.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Next year scoring (/showthread.php?tid=8262)

Next year scoring - HughRichardCranium - 03-24-2019

Watching the NIT I'm not sure who we are going to rely on for scoring next season. 

RE: Next year scoring - Nevermore - 03-24-2019

The starting lineup next year should look like this:

Trapp
Newman
Tyson
Simms
Baehre or Jemison

I'm confident in Simms. He just needs to use his complete skillset and not settle in to a single role. The rest of the players are all moderately talented and I would expect at least one or two to take a significant step forward with their increased responsibilities. I also think Dawes is a good player who will see significant minutes. But even with improvement, there's just no way these guys can replace the 5 players we're losing. We're going to have to get really creative with our gameplan to have even a moderate amount of success next season.

RE: Next year scoring - ccolon - 03-24-2019

(03-24-2019, 04:37 PM)Nevermore Wrote: The starting lineup next year should look like this:

Trapp
Newman
Tyson
Simms
Baehre or Jemison

I'm confident in Simms. He just needs to use his complete skillset and not settle in to a single role. The rest of the players are all moderately talented and I would expect at least one or two to take a significant step forward with their increased responsibilities. I also think Dawes is a good player who will see significant minutes. But even with improvement, there's just no way these guys can replace the 5 players we're losing. We're going to have to get really creative with our gameplan to have even a moderate amount of success next season.

Baehre won't be playing the 5.  He is a stick figure as it is.  I suspect Javan White will get that assignment and while I am confident he can replace Thomas' rebounding, I am not confident he can score more than about 6-8 ppg or stay out of foul trouble. 

Honestly, the problem with next year's team is that for it to be any good at all, a whole bunch of players are all going to have to step up.  There is literally no one you can look at and say, "Well, at least we know what we've got in that guy," like you could for Reed, Thomas and Mitchell (when healthy).  

RE: Next year scoring - Nevermore - 03-24-2019

I see, White's ESPN bio said he was a senior but he only played 1 minute for ORU one season, so I guess he's coming back. Gotta say though, he was a major disappointment for me this year.

RE: Next year scoring - ccolon - 03-24-2019

(03-24-2019, 05:10 PM)Nevermore Wrote: I see, White's ESPN bio said he was a senior but he only played 1 minute for ORU one season, so I guess he's coming back. Gotta say though, he was a major disappointment for me this year.

Yep, White can come back but I agree he was less than I was expecting.  He did improve some toward the end of the year but as I said, he is just another one of those guys who will have to take a dramatic step forward for us to be competitive.  Given how little freshmen usually contribute on Brownell coached teams, it's hard to look at the roster and not cringe about next season. But at least we will have a more-or-less fresh cast of characters getting their first opportunity to shine.  

RE: Next year scoring - Nevermore - 03-28-2019

(03-24-2019, 05:10 PM)Nevermore Wrote: so I guess he's coming back.

Or not.

RE: Next year scoring - Salty - 03-29-2019

His best attribute is his height...otherwise, he simply had no quickness...or even anticipation...

RE: Next year scoring - Nevermore - 04-16-2019

Man it's like we don't even have a roster for next season. How do these pieces go together? We'll have to hit multiple home runs in the transfer market to even be competitive, and even if we bring in solid talent, it's going to take a Herculean effort to turn the players in to a team.

RE: Next year scoring - tony33 - 04-16-2019

From the interviews I've seen it looks like coach has the feeling he will get at least two transfers.  He needs some big guys now.  Hopefully he already has a few strong commitments in hand.  The only good news is that other ACC teams are loosing players.